View Single Post
Old 11-27-2016, 12:41 AM   #4
shinomourikenji
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
That's very strange, Trotz's settings are biased slightly towards offensive systems, so he really shouldn't be going so defence-heavy unless you've really loaded the roster with defence-first players. Did you make any major player moves in that offseason.
I did not, I actually stayed with pretty much the same team because I had made the playoffs for the second year in a row and could still afford all my key players. If anything changed it was on the 4th line. Its kind of hard to tell because when my team started bombing I was making desperation trades to try and fix it before I realized the change in tactics.

The second time it happened I literally took the same team, and same coach, I had just one the Stanley cup and felt pretty good about my repeat chances.

I've played about 8 more seasons since then, It happened once in the middle and I was able to fix it by firing and rehiring my coach using comish mode. It just happened again in my most recent season Dan Bylsma went from a puck possession/boucher system that he had successfully used to guide my team to 4 consecutive cup finals, only winning one sadly, to the ultraconservative/neutral zone trap. I tried using the comish mode fix but it still didn't work, so I fired byslma and hired a new head coach and it kept the same tactics. I even tried releasing my coach and it will not let my change the tactics.

I'm going to finish the season and see what it does next year.
shinomourikenji is offline   Reply With Quote