View Single Post
Old 01-30-2014, 07:40 PM   #16
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
thanx. Would that scheduler be able to handle matchups between 3-4 ML's? EBL vs CBF vs EBL type of thing. Not overly concerned about that just asking. Will it be easier to schedule day vs night games? Gets really annoying making sure the Cubs play mostly home day games.
it'll handle anything you put in it up to 300 or so teams as long as you follow ootp's schedule rules.
To me it's very simple to do, but has a bit of a learning curve to it..

I got volunteered to help Curt come up with a working schedule for his Iron Pigs lg. He's extremely picky on schedules. Even worse, he had an odd number of teams and that's the hardest of all schedules to make.
I made it for him...took a couple of phone calls to teach him how to use it, but once he learned, he loved it.
He was able to do his schedule in a day rather than weeks, but he had his number of games and matchups already figured out so all he had to do was enter them in. You still have to manually figure out your matchups/# of games. Div., Non Div. and interleague. OO keeps a running count of everything as well as showing the number of games vs. each other. so there's no mistake of messing that up.

I suppose I could create a simpler version that you could cut and paste in an existing schedule and then use a random formula that mixes up the matchups year to year as well as a random time generator that creates day only, night only and a mix of start times...that's an easy one. I think I could figure it so that all it would take to randomly mix things is to just hit the shift + F9 key (This recomputes formulas in OO) and it would auto rearrange everything. each time you used those keys.

Oh well, another thought for another day
Bigrod is offline   Reply With Quote