Thread: Feeder league
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2015, 02:35 PM   #12
ohiodevil
OOTP Roster Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_davis2001 View Post
so the game created 100 High School and 60 college feeder teams. How many rounds do I need?
I don't know the setup of your league, so read below and do the math....

How Many Feeder Leagues Should I Create?

The number of feeder leagues you create is completely up to you. However, most people who use feeder leagues prefer to set them up in such a way such that your parent league's first-year player draft will be completely populated with feeder league players. Because there are so many ways to configure your game, there isn't an easy formula for precisely how many feeder leagues you must create to accomplish this. However, here are some guidelines on how to decide about feeder leagues:

First, decide how many draft rounds you will need in your first-year player draft. The rule of thumb is that you will need five new players for each level of minors to replace players who retire, have long-term injuries, etc. Therefore:

# of rounds in amateur draft = 5 * the # of levels of minor leagues in your game

For example, you have a parent league with AAA, AA, A, and rookie leagues. That's four levels of minors. 4 x 5 = 20 You should configure your parent league to have 20 rounds in the amateur draft.

Next, decide on the number of feeder teams you will need to populate this draft. Each feeder team produces 6 to 9 players for the draft per year. Taking the number of players needed for the draft and dividing by 6 gives you the minimum number of feeders you need. The guideline here is:

# of feeder teams needed = (number of teams in parent league x number of draft rounds)/6

So, using the example from above, let's say your parent league has 16 teams. (16 x 20)/6 = 53.3 I need around 53 feeder league teams to completely feed my draft with feeder league players. The configuration of teams in your feeder leagues does not matter, as long as you have 53 teams or so. Many people increase this number, resulting in more players than there are draft slots. Players that go undrafted will become free agents. If you create a configuration that doesn't generate enough feeder league players, OOTP will generate fictional players for the draft pool to cover the difference.

http://manuals.ootpdevelopments.com/...feeder-leagues

Last edited by ohiodevil; 12-04-2015 at 02:38 PM.
ohiodevil is offline   Reply With Quote