View Single Post
Old 02-18-2010, 08:12 AM   #7
professordp
Hall Of Famer

You should also take a look at Cactus League as well. They do college as well as pro basketball and have been around about twenty years. They offer all of the NBA (also ABA) seasons. Personally, I prefer it to Strat-O-Matic which I feel plays a little "clunky", but that's just a matter of personal taste.

Overall, the game flow is pretty decent (fast-paced sports like basketball, hockey, and soccer present particular challenges when converted to sims). It also is accurate. Finally, they are pretty active in the sense that there are ratings available for "seasons" in progress.

I've left their site below for your reference.

Like PC Action and Strat, don't expect any "freebies". They charge for everything, although they do have frequent sales and package deals.

As I said above, much of it comes down to matters of personal taste. What you like in a game might be different from the next person. So I'd strongly suggest you take all of them for a "test dirve" first. Download the demos, play a few games, and then make your selection based on what appeals to you.
Cactus League Games Inc., developers of award-winning sports computer games

Last edited by professordp; 02-18-2010 at 08:21 AM.
professordp is offline   Reply With Quote