View Single Post
Old 03-28-2020, 02:26 AM   #20
DFyvie
Major Leagues

Flames snap winless streak with win over Habs

Flames snap winless streak with win over Habs

Drury leads Flames in first as a Flame

In the last game of the year, new Flame Chris Drury helped his new team to an emphatic win over the visiting Canadiens 4-2. Drury finished the game with 1 goal and 1 assist and received the first star selection while skating on the new look line of St.Louis, O'Neill and Drury.

"It felt really good out there, and having a chance to play with two wingers that can really skate makes my job easier." Noted the new forward. "I got a chance to play on the powerplay with them too we scored so I hope it makes the coach happy."

The new line combined for 6 points as St.Louis, O'Neill and Drury figured on the both of the line's goals, one on even strength and the other on the powerplay.

Rookie Michael Ryder opened the scoring at 00:56 of the second period on the powerplay from Koivu and Linden. The Habs held the lead until O'Neill tied it up in the third period from Drury and St.Louis on the powerplay. Calgary kept scoring with goals from Shantz at 4:11, and Stillman at 8:35 of the third before Montreal answered back with a goal from Sergei Zholtok at 12:21. Chris Drury scored his first as a Flame at 13:52 to ice the game for the hosts.

Shots were a whopping 47 to 17 for the Flames. Calgary went 1 for 6 on the man advantage, and Montreal went 1 for 4.

With the win, the Flames come within one game of .500 and puts an end to their 6 games winless slide which has seen them go 0-5-1 over the past few weeks.

Drury and the Flames next play the Sharks in San Jose on 3rd of January. Montreal returns home to play the New York Islanders on 2nd of January.
DFyvie is offline   Reply With Quote