View Single Post
Old 03-12-2020, 11:56 PM   #4
JT_Dutch
Minors (Single A)

(J.T. and VACHON remain in the spectator seats at the Forum in Inglewood, California.)

"What don't I understand?"

VACHON: "We finished in last place in the Smythe Division last season. We didn't make the playoffs. By all rights we shouldn't have made the playoffs the season before last, but we barely got in."

Name:  016 - History.png
Views: 856
Size:  349.0 KB

VACHON: "Come back to my office. I have more for you to see."

(Once they arrive in the office, VACHON produces newspaper clippings.)

VACHON: "It's getting to the point where no one cares, if it isn't at that point already."

Name:  Apathy.jpg
Views: 834
Size:  119.4 KB

VACHON: "The fans that are still interested are angry, and with good reason."

Name:  Venting.png
Views: 849
Size:  155.5 KB

VACHON: "Some of the fans are cursing the owner of the team, Jerry Buss. They know he's more into the Lakers of the NBA, and Kings' fans believe the hockey club is being neglected. We'll talk more about Dr. Buss later."

Name:  Obscenities.png
Views: 919
Size:  121.9 KB

VACHON: "It's becoming so bad, that the media has joined in with some of the fans by calling for Dionne to be traded."

Name:  Trading Dionne.png
Views: 884
Size:  403.3 KB

VACHON: "And by all accounts, the outlook for the Kings in 1983-84 is to finish at the bottom of the division once again. This is why we need a shakeup. Now. We can't wait. It's not so much about winning a Cup - that's all but out of the question. But we have to compete. We have to become a perennial playoff team.

Dr. Buss is probably going to sell the club if things don't improve here, and there are doubts about Bruce McNall, the man rumored to purchase it. Specifically, there are many I know personally who wonder how legitimate Mr. McNall's financial backing really is."

(Finally, J.T. speaks.)

"I can't believe that a team with a nucleus like this can't win more games than they lose. I'm going to need some evaluations on all of the players in our system. If your scouts have anything on the other teams in the NHL, I'm going to need those as well. Anything.

We have a lot of work to do before the coming season starts. This is likely going to be a methodical process, so I hope those who are following the story here can be patient with us."
JT_Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote