View Single Post
Old 03-12-2020, 03:26 AM   #1
JT_Dutch
Minors (Single A)

Everybody's happy ... Here comes the Sun King.

A Holiday Inn somewhere in Los Angeles County
Present Day

(FADE IN on a grouchy, depressed Kings' fan in his late 30s (early 40s? late 40s? who even knows or cares anymore?), mentally drained after a meeting with one company and the first day of a workshop with another, slowly walking toward his hotel room and muttering to himself about his hockey club)

"Another rebuild for this team. Another climb from the bottom. And this one will be tougher than the last one."

Name:  001 - Holiday Inn 2020.png
Views: 1501
Size:  445.5 KB

"Ah, what the hell. At least I'll probably be able to sleep tonight."

(He showers, gets in bed, and starts to fall asleep. As if on cue, the phone rings. The phone is on the table at the other end of the bed. He doesn't get to it in time. He grumbles. There is a voicemail. He cues it up.)

Name:  002 - Modern Phone.png
Views: 1075
Size:  377.6 KB

VOICE: "Es J.T.? C'est Rogatien. Bonjour???"

"The hell???"

(He's a bit puzzled for a while, but eventually goes back to sleep. The night passes without any further incident. The morning comes. The clock radio clicks on at 7 AM with an old song playing and then fading out.)

DISK JOCKEY: "Aaaaaaaaaand that's the number one song in the country, 'What a Feeling', by Irene Cara!"

Name:  003 - What a Feeling Irene Cara.png
Views: 1550
Size:  107.6 KB

(He's annoyed, he didn't set that alarm; but a slight smile forms on his face nonetheless. "I kind of like those retro shows," he thinks. "Maybe this one's ending, though." Any further thoughts are obliterated by the phone ringing again. This is a ... different sounding ring, though? He goes to answer.)

Name:  004 - Vintage Phone.png
Views: 1374
Size:  318.2 KB

(He sits straight up. He momentarily ignores the ringing, and turns his head.)

Name:  005 - CRT Television.png
Views: 933
Size:  437.5 KB

"What the hell is going on here? Where in the hell am I?"
JT_Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote