View Single Post
Old 03-17-2016, 09:01 AM   #56
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

I know I repeat myself but the average user does not care much about options. They just want to play the game.

But in one point a agree 100% with you: it is cool to have the world (or league you play, e.g. NHL) evolve over time, like it does in reality as well. Some (limited) options are already in FHM 2 (e.g. expansion) but it is very user-unfriendly. The goal in FHM 3 is to further enhance the area and have an (optional) "storymode" that actively changes the world around you (a league might do an expansion, equipment changes might raise/lower the offense level of a league, foreigner rules might change, teams might move, ...).

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootermojo View Post
I would say (without knowing completely on my end, of course) is that this may be only half true. What I mean by that is my own playing experiences with OOTP....I start out with whatever year the game is released in (OOTP 16.....I started out with the real MLB in 2016)....but as I simmed into the future many years and decades it basically became a fictional league through expansion and realignment with a real MLB history up to and including 2016 and then picking up where I started. Perhaps a lot of people play like that.......????

I tried to do the same with FHM3 but after 20 or so seasons I found it difficult because it was almost the same season year after year...same point totals for players or numbers for goalies....no fluctuation or "era's", if you will. So I ended up mostly doing historical replays. Even starting out with a fictional league in FHM3 was tough because I knew it was gonna be the same thing basically all the time no matter what I tried to change. Still a good game....but that's just an honest critique.

One of the key things about OOTP is the options offered....that's also one of the reason in the baseball video game world why MLB: The Show is outstanding......options.

And I think when people are comparing OOTP to FHM3 or referencing OOTP when making suggestions for FHM3 they basically only want the same thing: options. Granted, they all can't be implemented at once...I understand that, hopefully others, too....but in the long run the ability for personal customization sets OOTP apart from other similar games for the better. I would say it would and will be the same with FHM.