View Single Post
Old 08-25-2014, 04:12 PM   #37
nutt
OOTP Roster Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradC View Post
I simmed this a couple times for the heck of it, to see what would happen (the Expos won the WS once and got knocked out in the NLDS the other time, 3-2), but I didn't look too closely at the final results.

How do teams handle trades, roster expansions, and such if there are no minors? Is there a large enough free agency pool that they just sign players from that, assuming they have budget room?

Also, if I use Ceej's list and set up the player injuries accordingly, how do I handle guys who were hurt but might come back, like the Tigers' John Doherty, who went on the DL July 10 with a strained ab muscle? I assume he probably would have come back at some point, but I don't know how to handle that.

Or maybe I should just deal with the guys who had career- and season-ending injuries along with the guys whose returns were noted (like Gooden being suspended for 60 days on June 28) and call it a day?
I'd say to make this quickstart better than what it is, would be to get the known suspended/injured players that are out for the season, and then go from there. I'd have to glance at the Mets schedule to know how many games Gooden still had remaining on the suspended list (I'm pretty sure the reason the 94 Mets on mine start getting hot is they have the Gooden-Saberhagen 1-2 punch).
nutt is offline   Reply With Quote