View Single Post
Old 05-23-2019, 09:32 PM   #439
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

April 24th, 1987

We are in Atlanta - my least favourite place to play in the league.

It could be worse. I could be on their team.

The Braves are pitching Tom Glavine (1-1, 3.68).

The Giants are going with Doyle Alexander (2-1, 2.35).

I have gone 4 for 22 with a home run against Glavine.

I kicked off the game by working a walk. Then Mike Aldrete walked. Mike was thrown out on a Chili Davis fielder's choice where I went to 3rd. Then Steve Stanicek walked.
Glavine is having some control issues.
Believe it or not, we did not score.

And the Braves did. Still with none out, Milt Thompson scored on a passed ball by Bob Brenly.
I got the 2nd out off a Gary Sheffield grounder.

Braves lead 1-0

I led off the 3rd by hitting the first pitch into left for a single. I moved to 3rd when Mike followed with a double.
Once again, we could not score.

In the bottom half Gerald Perry scored from 2nd on a Sheffield single.

Braves lead 2-0

I came up in the 4th with two out, Bobby Grich on 2nd, and Doyle on 1st. I singled through the right side and Bobby scored!

Braves lead 2-1

Bad news in the bottom half. After giving up two singles, Doyle had to leave the game. He did something to his foot and was limping pretty heavily. I hope it isn't too bad.
Frank Williams took over.
With two men in scoring position I caught a Thompson floater to end the inning.

In the 5th Stanicek scored on a Chris Brown single to tie it up!

Game tied 2-2

I came up in the 6th with none out and Frankie on 1st. I flew out to Perry in left.

Rob Deer led off the 7th with a home run to give us the lead! Then Bob scored on a triple by pinch hitter Tom O'Malley! Then I smashed a single to score Tommy for my 2nd RBI of the game! I steal 2nd but am left there.

Giants lead 5-2

Jeff Robinson relieves for us.
Nelson Santovenia greets him with a homer.

Giants lead 5-3

In the 8th Jeff walks Ken Griffey Jr. with one out and Nestor decides to go to Dennis Eckersley. With two out he gives up a triple to Ron Cey, scoring Junior. I throw out Santovenia on a grounder to end it.

Giants lead 5-4

Bobby Grich leads off the 9th with a solo shot! I came up with one out and Steve Bedrosian pitching. I struck out.

Giants lead 6-4

Eck got his three and we had the win.

I was named Player of the Game! I went 3 for 5 with a walk, two RBI, and a stolen base.

````````````````````````````````````````

rpriske is offline   Reply With Quote