View Single Post
Old 05-05-2019, 12:10 AM   #431
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

April 14th, 1987

Another day in San Diego and the Giants are pitching Terry Mulholland (0-0, 12.27) against the Padres' Ed Wojna, making his season debut.

I have goen 1 for 4 vs Wojna.

I kick-off the game by grounding out to Ozzie Guillen at short.

In the bottom half I got their lead-off hitter, Tony Gwynn, with a 6-3.

We opened the scoring in the 2nd when Steve Stanicek scored on a John Rabb single.

Giants lead 1-0

I got the first our in the home half of a Frank White grounder.

I came up with one out in the 3rd and put one over John Kruk's head in centre for a double. I was left there.

I got the 2nd out in the bottom half off a Kruk grounder, but Gwynn scored on the play to tie it up. Kevin McReynolds followed that with a homer.

Padres lead 2-1

In the 4th Gwynn singled home both White and Guillen.

Padres lead 4-1

Frank Williams took over on the mound for us in the 5th.

I led off the 6th by grounding out to Guillen again.

After Frank walked the leadoff batter that inning, Nestor went to Mark Davis. Mark was unable to strand the runner as Darrell Miller ended up scoring on a Gwynn single. I go the last out off a Randy Ready grounder.

Padres lead 5-1

In the 7th we got a couple back. First Rob Deer scored on a Bobby Grich single.I came up with two out and Rabb on 3rd and Bobby on 1st. I singled, scoring John!

Padres lead 5-3

Mark Clear relieved for us.

I got the 1st out in the 8th, taking a Miller grounder. I then did the same to Guillen for the 2nd.

We were unable to get a base runner in the 9th and it was all over.

We lost but I had a good day, going 2 for 4 with a double and an RBI.

After the game we found out that Mike Aldrete was being activated from the D.L. Alan Cockrell and Tom O'Malley were also being brought back from Phoenix.
Scott Bradley and Eddie Milner were heading down, while Bobby Miscik was being designated for assignment.

````````````````````````````````````````

rpriske is offline   Reply With Quote