View Single Post
Old 04-21-2019, 08:13 AM   #426
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

April 9th, 1987

Our first road game is literally just down the road, in L.A.

The Giants are pitching Terry Mulholland against Moose Haas and the Dodgers.

Last year Haas was a reliever and I have gone a mere 0 for 1 against him.

I led off the game by flying out to Dave Winfield in deep right.

The Dodgers struck early as their second batter was Candy Maldonado and he hit a two-run homer. Dave Winfield that made it two home runs in a row.
I got a Tim Wallach grounder for the 1st out. Then the same from Darrell Evans for the 2nd.

Dodgers lead 3-0

I led off the 3rd by taking a walk. I moved to 2nd on a Chris Brown single. Chili Davis walked to load them up. Steve Stanicek doubled and Chris and I scored. After that Chili scored on a Bob Brenly sac fly and Steve scored on a Tom O'Malley sac fly and we had the lead.

Giants lead 4-3

In the bottom half I started a Priske - Grich - O'Malley double play to get Winfield and Wallach.

I led off the 4th by striking out.

I got the 1st out in the 5th off an Evans grounder. Then Benito Santiago ground out to me for #2. But then the Dodgers tied it up when pinch hitter Gene Larkin knocked in Mookie Wilson with a double. Then Dave Anderson singled home Larkin.
Nestor lifted Terry for Frank Williams after that.

Dodgers lead 5-4

In the bottom half we evened it back up when Tommy O doubled home Brenly.

Game tied 5-5

Jerry Mumphrey led off the 6th with a pinch hit double, but hurt his knee sliding into the base. It looked pretty bad, but it is hard to tell. John Rabb came in as a pinch runner, and then I was up. Ricky Horton was pitching. I lined out to Evans at 1st.
We were unable to score.

Mark Davis took the mound for us.
He struggled a bit in his first outing but was bailed out by an amazing throw by Rob Deer to catch Santiago at the plate.
Mark Clear took over with two out but couldn't strand the inherited runner as Mookie scored on an Anderson double.

Dodgers lead 6-5

Scott Garrelts took over for us in the 8th.
He struggled a bit, walking two before Franklin Stubbs scored Keith Lockhart with a one out single.

Dodgers lead 7-5

I led off the 9th against Larry Anderson. I struck out.
We were unable to score.

We are now 2-2.

I went 0 for 4 with a walk and a run.
I am now hitting .125

The team made a couple of changes after the game. Tom O'Malley and Scott Bradley were sent to Phoenix. Alan Cockrell and Bobby Miscik were called up.

Alan earned the spot in S.T.
Miscik is yet another SS. I had better start producing.

````````````````````````````````````````

Last edited by rpriske; 04-22-2019 at 09:20 PM.
rpriske is offline   Reply With Quote