View Single Post
Old 02-01-2019, 10:45 PM   #1
Beirnej1
Minors (Double A)

My Alternate History of Baseball

I normally stick to random debuts, but with a computer crash I lost a league I was getting into. Rather than start up a new one I wanted to go another direction.

I will begin in 1901 and will use modern day strategies and a stats output similar to 1984. I lowered the homeruns output for this first year as I was anticipating some higher than "normal" homerun totals due to some very weak bullpens.

We will not be using the random debut feature in this sim. Instead we will have rookies debut as they did in real life and will enter the league in an annual rookie draft.

I have also imported a number of pre 1900s players to try to bolster each times staff to hopefully allow for 5 man rotations. I also did this for selfish reasons to try to have the likes of Dan Brouthers, Roger Connor, Ross Barnes, and Cap Anson have a full career under these parameters.

Here are the first couple rounds of the inaugural draft:

I "took control" over the Washington Senators prior to the draft and made the first two selections for the franchise. I then let the AI simulate the rest of the draft.

Up next, 1901 preseason predictions

Last edited by Beirnej1; 02-01-2019 at 10:59 PM.
Beirnej1 is offline   Reply With Quote