View Single Post
Old 01-30-2016, 01:20 AM   #65
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson View Post
Player development on as well? Yes I play with 3 year recalc double weighted yes and the player development system on at default settings Yes , neutered stats, Yes when doing my historical random debut No games. I do that, so that when players get beyond their stats (or their recalc period if you will), they will age as the player development system is set up to have them age. Sometimes good, sometimes not so much...

Clayton Kershaw went from being in the Cy Young/MVP discussion every year to a dumpster fire almost overnight after he went beyond his stats. From age 26 through 28, he was the "talk of the league". By age 31, he was a washed up middle reliever, and he didn't pitch again after his age 33 season. He hung around as a free agent for four more years and retired at age 37. Them the breaks when you're at the mercy of the player development system I guess. Kershaw's age 26 season would've been the final one under recalc, and it may have extended into age 27 because of the three year thingy.

This is all apropos of nothing I suppose, at least it's not on the subject that brought us here originally, but that's me...I'm a bit of a wanderer. Interesting about The Divergent Machados (sounds like a name for a mariachi band no? Ok, I'll show myself out) and their differing endpoints. Thanks for testing that out. Maybe my paranoia got the better of me. Sorry to have been a pest. I didn't intend any offense None taken, just trying to make things better , but realize I may have caused some. My apologies.
I did not use random debut so I could control the Machiachi Band easier.