View Single Post
Old 01-27-2015, 12:50 PM   #29
deanwells1234
Minors (Triple A)

November 9, 2013
With the resent slide going on in Arizona young coach and GM Dean Wells has decided to give his third line a boost in their playing time from an average of 12-15 minutes of play a game as they have been producing points in the last few games at a much higher rate then any other line on the team. Coach Dean has also told reporters that he is disappointed in the lack of offence his team has been showing and wants more intensity to be out there from the start of the game!
On the 9th the Coyotes will host 5-9-2 Washington Capitals. The Coyotes will look to bounce back and get their first win in the month of November!
before the start of the 1st period word has broke that coach Dean Wells has made a lineup switch sending A. Vermette up to the second line while moving M. Hanzal down to the 3rd. Coach Wells was quoted saying "Hanzal is on a slump and Vermette is really hot right now, I want my best guys playing together and either Vermette will keep streaking or Hanzal will start playing harder!"
The first period starts and ends with the Capitals scoring, one from Ovechkin and the other a PP goal from Ward. The Coyotes offence (ranked 5th in the NHL) has yet to show up in the game but Coach Dean has belief that his team will come out on top!
The Second period starts out with a PP goal for Vrbata getting the Arizona offence back on track unfortunately late in the period Ovechkin pockets his second goal of the night leading the Capitals to a 3-1 lead heading into the third period.
The Third period becomes a goal fest in the first 7 minutes of play with a combined 5 goals on 8 shots! the Coyotes opened the period with a second goal by Vrbata and then less then a minute later a goal by third line rightwing D.Moss (assisted by Hanzal). the Capitals respond with a third goal by the great 8 but Vrbata answers right back 1:12 seconds later with his third goal of the night as well! with the game tied Moss is able to net his second of the night at 6:52 and then Mike Smith shuts the game down leading to the first win of the month for the Coyotes!

Coach Dean is quoted as saying "This is the type of game that I knew my guys were capable of playing, We came out and shot the lights out with a team not known for their scoring ability! We would love to see the defence intensity step it up and not allow 4 goals in the game but at the end of the day a W is a W and we are leaving the game with 2 points and end out slump!"

November 12, 2013
Good news for the Coyotes as Top RD D. Morris is back from injury giving the Coyotes a defensive boost that they have been missing over the past 3-4 games. The Coyotes are in St. Louis to take on Conference rivals the Blues who have had a slow start to the season going 6-7-2. The Coyotes look to win 2 straight games for the first time in a while and build on the game they had against the Capitals.
After peppering the goal the Coyotes finish the period with giving up two goals in two seconds (A little bit unrealistic I would say but whatever!) to Steen and Roy. Coach Dean and the intermission says "This is not new to us, we have been in a place like this before. We are going to play our game and come out with the W again!"
The second period sees both teams play great defence and ends the same way that it started a 2-0 lead for the Blues!
In the third period the Coyotes are able to come back with goals from Schlemko and Moss to tie the game up! Unfortunately with less then 5 minutes to go in the game Backes scores and the blues never give up the lead.
The coyotes drop this game 3-2 in St. Louis, after the game Coach Wells says "I was proud of my boys for going out there and fighting all they could in the 3rd period. Sometimes you can do everything and still not come away with the W. We will regroup and get out there again and the Coyotes will keep on doing what we have been doing all season long!"

November 14, 2013
The Coyotes take on a huge test tonight going into first place Chicago and looking to come out with the win. There has also been rumours going around the locker and news rooms that GM and Coach Dean Wells has placed Hanzal on the Trading Block! while Dean Wells has not made a public comment about it Hanzal has already lost his second line job this season and his playing time is going down as time moves on.
The first period is a goalie matchup with both teams peppering the goalies but neither letting anything through. The shots on goal are 15-14 in favour of the Coyotes heading into the second.
in the second the Blackhawks get on the board first with a goal by Shaw but that is responded with by a goal from Moss about 5 minutes later. It looks like the game will be going into the third tied 1-1 until Sharp puts one in with 28 seconds remaining in the period. The coyotes go into the third period down again against what is a very good Blackhawks team!
The third period belongs to the Blackhawks who star the period off with two goals by Shaw in less then 20 seconds. Korpikoski tries to bring life back to Arizona with a goal at 1:42 mark but it won't do much as the Blackhawks go on to score a 5th time with Leddy scoring at 5:32 in the third.
deanwells1234 is offline   Reply With Quote