View Single Post
Old 04-13-2015, 07:47 AM   #5
SirMichaelJordan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_olaf View Post
I just did my first draft (only did the first 3 rounds and got frustrated with it, so auto completed it) and had serious issues with consistency between my head scouts potential ratings for players and the OSA ratings.

On some occasions, my scout would the player's potential was 5 stars but OSA said 0.5 stars (or vice versa). There was often a big discrepancy between the two.

Would there be a lower discrepancy if I had a better scout? Can I trust the OSA ratings?

Also, @ olivertheorem, when you say you look for someone with MLB potential or at least one potential MLB skill, what are you looking for? (I'm very new to this game so not fully up to speed on what to look for in a prospect).

Thanks.
The potential rating in this game aren't static. There is a chance that a player with 3 (2-8 scale) contact potential can become a 5 contact guy once he's older.

As for MLB skills, in later rounds its a good idea to look for players with natural abilities like speed and skills in defense like arm strength, etc.

In later rounds you aren't going to find players who are good at multiple things so its a good idea to choose players who are good at one thing with the hopes that he develops past his original potential ratings in other skills like hitting.

in summary, in later rounds draft for defense and athleticism. Also consider a player's personality.

Last edited by SirMichaelJordan; 04-13-2015 at 07:49 AM.
SirMichaelJordan is offline   Reply With Quote