View Single Post
Old 09-19-2019, 02:41 PM   #86
old timer
Hall Of Famer

The Raccoons are still 1 game behind Westvleteren. But their offense really is cranking it up. Their last 2 games they won 28-5 and 10-1. Soon they'll probably pass us in R and they're way ahead in RA. But last I checked W-L mattered the most. And as we all know, the best team doesn't always win, even in a long season. So as crazy it seems, I'm still holding out hope we'll make them play in the WC round.

I added 90 Ichiro to beef up my OF defense plus I like good contact hitters (I also have Keeler with his 113 contact). I've also been training Maddox to play all OF positions and he's nearly maxed out now. For this season, I'll only be playing Ichiro in RF since I'm already training Appling and Ruth, though they are within 10 of being maxed out. Now, when I want good OF D, I can have Mays in LF (110), Maddox in CF (103) and Ichiro in RF (117). Not bad!

My reason for training Appling at 2B is so that I can add Brett at 3B and make Rizzuto a full time sub (he's sometimes been my starting 2B vs RHP and LHP, but mostly he's vs LHP and a sub). Anyone know how 99 Brett compares to 100 Brett offensively (in practice; I know their ratings)? His 3B D is a fair bit better so I was considering getting him. Anyone got a different recommendation for 3B?

Last edited by old timer; 09-19-2019 at 02:47 PM.
old timer is offline   Reply With Quote