View Single Post
Old 09-15-2019, 10:34 PM   #1
sharknut
All Star Reserve

The journey of a live Vlad card sale

A few days ago my pack only Chiles earned enough pts to get a pack and as the cards came out I saw the glow of a pending gold card and out comes Vlad Guerrero. Nice. A duplicate, but nice. So I put him for sale and he goes for 2700. I had few other points so I bought 3 packs and in that pack was the 97 rated Craig Kimbrell card. REALLY nice, and not a duplicate.

So I check what he's gone for, and they were only 4 other auctions ever and the highest sold was for 39,000. I thought a great closer is nice, but a pack only team getting the chance to open 35 packs is tempting. So I put him up and he went for 39,000. I am not a whale, I spend $20 a month on my teams. Prior to getting that Vlad card, I had about 1020 unique cards, so less than a third.

It took me forever to finally end the opening of packs that that one Vlad duplicate card that sold for 2700. I eventually got 67 packs out of it! I was able to add over 140 unique cards to my collection. In those 67 packs I pulled:

2 Justin Turner Diamond duplicates which I flipped
2 ADDITIONAL Vlad Guerrero duplicates which I flipped
multiple more Gold duplicates, all of whom I flipped

As far as players to my Diamond Level team, I added Pete Hill, Garrett Cole and Brandon Woodruff to my team for next year. I also pulled an 89 Willie Mays, but I have Eric Davis in center. I can sell that Mays for another 10,000 or so, but I am going to save him up in case he is a part of a future mission.

Anyway, this was about the most fun I've had in Perfect Team.

sharknut is offline   Reply With Quote