Thread: game rating
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 02:37 AM   #20
grindline
Minors (Single A)

My two cents worth.

As someone who has been playing Football manager for nearly 20 years (beginning with Championship Manager Italia for those who are connoisseurs) I can see the pros and cons of ratings clearly. When I first began playing, with no d or 3d representation, I took the performance ratings very seriously. This was almost like a beginners way to play because I found after about a year I stopped using the average ratings in favour of the player profile ratings. Now the only use for ratings is to see if there has been a notable drop-off in form.

What I would like to see is on each player's profile a form tab. Inside it will be a star rating from 1 - 5 for the matches played that season, along with key stats alongside it, similar to how season stats are currently displayed line-by-line. The star ratings will be done by the coaches and therefore can be inaccurate as suggested by an earlier poster.

I would also like the ratings to vary according to the role the player has.

e.g. my 7 minute a night 4th line sparkplug should get a higher rating for 8 shifts with a +1 and an assist plus a couple of big hits than a Sidney Crosby type. If you set a player's role as primary scoring and they blank with a -1 that should be a bigger deal and a far lower rating than for an enforcer with similar stats.