Thread: game rating
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 08:08 AM   #10
Mafarfloune
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skadhauge View Post
I guess I'm not the only one to have seen "24/7, Road to the Winter Classic" on this forum. In the first series (Penguins/Capitals) you see Dan Bylsma and a couple of coaches going through each player, grading them for the last game. I think it's a 5 star system.

Instead of a "stat-like" number to be displayed on each players profile, perhaps you could have a lot more backroom reports - and you would have to look at multiple reports to find tendencies (or in other words; form)
If, like Dan Bylsma, the game can reason and offer an explanation as to why a player was given, say, 4/5 for the game, I'm all for it. Otherwise I'm not sure I see the point. I really fail to see how a coach giving you a star rating for a particular game helps you identify what playerX did right and what he did wrong any better. And if you are a GM and you want to base your decisions around some rating that your coach gave you, without having any clue what are the problems/good things that led to that rating, well that just sounds really wrong.