View Single Post
Old 10-23-2011, 11:31 PM   #22
Xpert7777
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_32_pitch View Post
Ive installed countless league files before. I don't even need instructions anymore. Just find the league file, make the .lg folder, extract it, and then put the accounts_gms.dat in the settings folder. Yeah, I get it. I dont need "help". Ive got 25 years experience with computers. I just need the people running the league to be competent enough not to screw up a simple process.

I posted this to his mailing list and for this minor gripe he bounces me from the list and the league completely. No wonder he has no GM's for his league. IF hes this sensitive then he obviously has mental issues.

"It doesn't work. With all due respect, this settings.zip file is ridiculous. Nothing but problems. Stop wasting my time. Why can't this league just have a simple accounts_gms.dat file like usual, like everyone else, a simple file that has worked the same way for years for every league I've ever been in? Not this one though. This one's got a fancy settings.zip file that of course doesn't work. I'm ready to quit this league already."
If you are going to join the league, have a minor issue and immediately mail the entire league how our commish is incompetent and not listen to advice, we don't want or need you in this league. 4 openings in a 30 team league is a small percentage not "No GM's" Good luck on your league search. Some advice, don't alienate yourself the minute you join, it will help.

I am an original owner here. This is a great league, we have a great subset of very active owners with very challenging settings. One of the best commish's I have ever played for runs this league and spends more time than he should making this league amazing. The reason we have openings is the time it takes to be such an active owner. Run a blog, twitter feed, staying active on the mailing list, the things that take the league from good to great to amazing.

If you have the time and are looking for a challenge, seriously give us a try, you won't regret it.