View Single Post
Old 01-15-2020, 06:30 PM   #33
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyzalot View Post
Which is it? It is exactly as I have explained in this thread. But if you can quote me about having some kind of advantage because of extra clicks, be my guest. I find your post very disrespectful to be accusing me of something with zero evidence, just sayin'
These are your posts talking about having chances to change strategy.

"I now get to" "whether I should get to" Your words, your posts, you saying "I".

You go on talking about "such that one would change their strategy". I'll give that you said "one" but up til here you've said "I" enough that I have to believe your still talking about you. Why bring it up otherwise? Why would you worry about what others could or could not do in their solo game?

Quote:
Why is this sometimes "more than one pitch" mode? It isn't a common thing but it certainly tends to happen more than once per game. One example is showing the catcher trying to pick off the guy at first but he's safe. Could happen on any count but means I now get to act on two different pitches for that batter. Another example is showing a random foul ball into the stands. This example is less common. Even showing me a dropped foul ball which results in an error and a continuing at bat for the batter seems debatable to me as to whether I should get another pitch to make decisions on in "one pitch" mode. Anyways, obviously nothing game breaking. Just a question I've had for a while so decided to ask.
Quote:
Notice nothing I pointed out involves the situation changing such that one would change their strategy. However, one might have a slightly different infield strategy with a runner on first compared to a runner on second, or third, or none at all because he scored. Foul balls in the stands change nothing. Unsuccessful pick off attempts change nothing. Dropped foul balls that are errors change nothing. I'm just asking why "one pitch" isn't as advertised.
Talk about insulting... here you suggest that I watch the animation and think the C actually goes to the OF to throw a runner out at 1b. You insinuate I don't have the sense to know this is a play that simply isn't being shown properly. Did I complain? No, I just took the time to assure you in my response that I didn't need the pbp to help me out. Than in fact I understood it was an error in how the game showed the play.

Quote:
I have no idea how you know what happens purely from watching the animation. You just assume the guy is really slow and the catcher is a ball hog when he follows a ball into the outfield to throw a runner out at the base? Anyways, one pitch doesn't pause after a bunch of foul balls even though it may make your reliever cross the "tired" threshhold. That seems like a more important thing than a random foul ball or unsuccessful pick off attempt.
For a "tongue in cheek" topic you sure have a way of going on and on. I'll say it again.... the amount of clicks you've made typing in this thread would get you through a 100 seasons of OOTP and foul balls
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote