View Single Post
Old 11-23-2019, 10:50 PM   #62
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson View Post
I'm really glad to hear it's working for you EC. I'm also glad that these fine gentlemen (Bluenoser, Sweed, and RchW) let us know that this can be done on Opening Day prior to the playing of any games, which would be even better, because as Bluenoser pointed out, the 25-man rosters would be set. It would probably throw a monkey wrench into the Preseason Predictions, but who cares? Predictions are almost always wrong in baseball. Anyone who tells you otherwise is lying.

You're only about one sixth of the way through the season, so give things time to shake out over the course of the full season in terms of league ERA and Fld%. The other thing is that there will be some variance as you move through your seasons, possibly due to the constantly changing talent levels of the hitters and the pitchers in your league(s). This is probably a good thing, as it won't swing as wildly as it would without using the system, but it also won't be the same year after year.
I just want the league stats to be "in the ballpark", so to speak... just something close to the 1950 season numbers.

Realize there will be some variations, but well within tolerance.
Eugene Church is offline   Reply With Quote