View Single Post
Old 10-12-2019, 08:11 AM   #26
jimmysthebestcop
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (5)
I don't understand the marketing or whatever you want to call the dynamic between developer and future audience and gamer base.

This just isn't how games roll out these days. I mean you have certain players from fan bases playing games in extreme early Alpha states on Steam across a variety of gaming categories. And they get constant updates if not weekly at least monthly.

OOTP Baseball might not need it since its an established franchise and really only has minor changes from year to year. Example if they were creating a new engine or interface or something huge I would like regular updates about it. Even an open alpha or beta or at least a paid version.

I never even heard of this football series until OOTP bought it or merged or what have you. Anything that happened before is meaningless. Previous track record meaningless. It doesn't relate to what it will be with OOTP and a new engine.

At 1st it was suppose to be fall 2018 its fall 2019 now. So get ready for fall 2020. And there basically has only been a handful of updates about the game.

Fanbase can be patient but radio silence is extremely poor form. It looks like no work has been done. Lots of devs use early access successfully.

And if you want radio silence then don't even mention the game is in development until its in its final stages of beta. That's why some games you don't hear about until 3 or 6 months before release. Its close enough that they know it will ship.