View Single Post
Old 05-18-2019, 11:52 AM   #32
BirdWatcher
Hall Of Famer

[QUOTE=Eugene Church;4490091]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ormondbeachdan View Post
I thought I remembered reading that there were over "300" new animations done with the Green screen and they were going to be added periodically.. I don't believe I have seen anything new since release???[/QUOTE

I have only played out three games... tried to adjust the views... all I could do was set the player size to maximum 170... and move the camera behind home plate and move it closer to home plate.

After three games, I didn't see any improvement over OOTP19, either.

I think there is less diving by the outfielders... wish they would fix where the ball hits in front of an outfielder deep on the field... and a player gets a double... don't think this would happens in real life... if the ball lands that close to them in front of them that deep and they field it cleanly, they would be able to throw the runner out at second.
This is interesting to me as to my eye there are a great many, albeit mostly rather subtle, improvements in the 3D graphics in OOTP20/XX/whatever. The way I see it, player movements in general, ball flight paths, catcher reactions, bunt plays, pitcher delivery, etc. etc., all have significantly improved in this version.

Keep playing with camera views. They really are pretty limitless in terms of angles you can view the game from. Want to sit behind the third base dugout and watch the game? You can do that. Want to take up a perch in the left field stands? Sure, you can do that. What about getting an overhead/blimp view? Absolutely, if that's something you might enjoy. Now granted, many of these views are not going to be ideal for seeing every bit of every play. And just like attending a game in real life, you might sit somewhere where you have a great view of the right fielder going about his business but if a ball is hit down the left field line there might be an area where the play is out of your view for a bit.
But in answer to the question you posed above in the previous post, views do not change as the play progresses. Wherever you are at the beginning of the play, that is where you will remain. Hopefully eventually the game will have dynamic views that shift during the play to give you the best angle on the action. But that isn't true yet.
BirdWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote