View Single Post
Old 05-16-2019, 11:49 AM   #25
Cheesehead1964
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvert98 View Post
Yea, you are better-off with the AH for real value (of course), but packs are fun.

For my Free-to-play team, to date, I think I have opened about 43 packs. My first pack, I pulled a perfect Chris Sale; after that, about 7 or so golds. No diamonds.

I was just promoted to diamond level after about 3 seasons in Gold. I have not opened-up a pack in a while, so as I sit in last place at 33 and 48 (not scoring runs, or PP at this point), I said OK, let me get a couple packs and see what happens. Well, it did not work out; the highest card was a silver.

So, I guess I am done with the packs for another long while. I will check in once and awhile, and see if I can slowly improve the team.

This will be my approach to my Bees. They are pretty competitive in gold so when they move up I'll slowly fill out the lineup with affordable diamonds.

My Negro League theme-team Giants will take longer to improve. They are doing decent (won silver last year and doing okay in gold) but there are several Negro League card-set silvers in the lineup. I've slowly upgraded the line up with gold and diamonds (card set and non-card-set MLB/Negro League players like Larry Doby, Elston Howard, Willie Mays, Don Newcombe, Minnie Minoso, and Hank Aaron), but I'm running out of options, especially in the bullpen.The higher diamond and perfect cardset cards are way out of reach.

My Thieves have been pretty middling and I may just designate them as my pack ripping team for fun.
Cheesehead1964 is offline   Reply With Quote