View Single Post
Old 03-24-2019, 04:25 AM   #92
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BronxBombers7 View Post
I love when people complain about additions to a game, yet don't provide any type of feedback on what they would like to see in said game.
Exactly. When you look at our recent customer survey, where over 12,000 customers replied, the top 5 requested features / improvements were (up to 2 could be selected out of a list of 10):

1) Improved simulation engine - 32.45% -> Implemented in OOTP 20.
2) Improved 3D in-game action - 29.73% -> Implemented in OOTP 20.
3) Improved trade AI - 22.12% -> Implemented in OOTP 20.
4) Improved contract / finances logic - 19.55% -> Implemented in OOTP 20.
5) More Perfect Team features - 17.48% -> Implemented in OOTP 20.

I think we have made decent choices here, according to our customers. Really, I think the main issue is twofold, OOTP is already so massive that it is essentially impossible to add any more "shiny" new back-of-the-box features. Unless you guys want us to add more batflip animations. Number two is that there are tons of different player types, and all of them have their own little pet peeve issue they like to see improved, but we can not possibly tackle all of these all at once, because we are still a very small team and we have to make decisions. Things like "Ability to schedule games on neutral grounds in the schedule editor" may be important for you personally, but overall only 3 out of tens of thousands of customers care about this at all, so for us it is very far down in the priority list. I hope this makes some sense.

Overall the response to OOTP 20 we have gotten is overwhelmingly positive, people love the game. And, the release has been absolutely rock-solid, only very few issues were reported, we can proudly say this was our best launch ever and considering the complexity of the product it's nothing short of a miracle. Just my 0.02

Last edited by Markus Heinsohn; 03-24-2019 at 04:54 AM.