View Single Post
Old 03-22-2019, 07:44 PM   #31
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudel.dietrich View Post
I was very disappointed that that thread was locked. It is a really bad look for the company.
But perhaps when someone points out issues with the series and does so in an intelligent and well thought out manner then it confirms what you already knew about your game and hoped no one would bring up?

When I saw the new features list and 1/3 of the 'features' were bug fixes I felt like this was a year that the team decided to rest of their laurels.

I have accused OOTP fans many times of being sycophants and I have been shouted down. Its not good for the developers to only ever hear what they want to hear. But now it seems the developers are openly encouraging that sort of behavior and only want to read certain opinions.

It was a shame to see and if this behavior continues then I will not be purchasing any future versions.

Most of you know me...and most know that I have always been critical when need be. You also know me to be fair and objective...I did work in the old school media after all. I think what Markus and Matt have done under the hood has been fantastic. Let me ask you this: you all complain when they don’t fix legacy issues..yet this is what the focus of this release is! These are things that we all agree needed fixing...next year will be a bigger release. I realize because this is number 20...some people might have been expecting bigger and better things...but in all honesty...the AI changes are what ibhave wanted all along. Now, if they aren’t perfect (which nothing ever is) please tell us, and I know this team will work to attempt perfection...even if it is utopian..in the fact it doesn’t exist.