View Single Post
Old 03-19-2019, 12:33 PM   #28
BirdWatcher
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Grassi View Post
While unique, it happens on all my devices with any internet connection I use.
Yes, I hear you. And I am certainly no tech expert (far from it! )
But clearly something is consistently breaking down and it is very unlikely something that the OOTP developers have direct control over, from the evidence at hand. I sincerely hope that you can get to the bottom of this soon and never have this issue again.

A little anecdote that likely won't be any help at all (): I order a lot of clothing online. Other than baseball, things sartorial are a primary passion of mine. And I very much trust the few main online sources I use for this. But one time a package was marked as delivered but I never received it. I didn't know if someone had stolen it or what kind of mix up might have happened. It wasn't a huge order, monetarily one of my smallest. So I just figured it was a lost cause and moved on. But a few weeks later I happened to notice a small package sitting on the porch of a neighbor across the street. Not quite sure how long it had been there or why they didn't identify that it was for someone right across the street and bring it to me. But it had the look of the packaging the company I purchased my clothing from used. I hesitantly walked onto their porch (it didn't seem anyone was home) and sure enough it was my missing package.
Yes, I know, this was a one-time deal and not a repeated problem. I know it's not the same. But my essential point is that in any transaction process there is no assurance of 100% success. And often the problem isn't with the provider of the product or the consumer, but something that goes wrong in between. That's probably the case here too, but since it is something that is happening consistently there is more motivation to fix it but also more reason to believe that once it is fixed all will be smooth moving forward.
BirdWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote