Thread: Good news!
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2017, 05:51 PM   #13
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vulcan4 View Post
No

I'm sure I'll get bashed for saying this (to me a Truth/Fact) by the long-timer FOF Central crowd, but it is my personal belief that Jim is a bit too arrogant and stubborn to allow anyone else touch his creation. Jim's sim engine is top notch, no doubt about that, but FOF is "Jim's game" and you aren't going to tell him yes or no in regards to what he should or shouldn't do with his Franchise game. I bought FOF 8 and in my own absent thinking, I had really thought that the UI and customization features were finally going to be introduced to some extent, but boy was I wrong. Unless Jim makes some serious and much needed changes, I will never purchase another one of his FOF games again. Not only because of the UI, but because of the arrogant vibe I get from his posts. He caters to a select few and I'm telling you, that isn't going to work for him anymore because most text/management type gamers are tired of buying a product that hasn't made the nessesary changes. You take what Markus has done in the time he's been developing sports sims (OOTP) vs what Jim has done in the sametime frame and it's damn amazing what Markus has been able to accomplish - developing an American sports game WHILE IN EUROPE!! Lol...

*off rant
It is not just Jim who is arrogant, it is many on the FOFC forums as well. You should see the distain many of them exude for:

1. OOTP
2. Anyone with differing views than their own.