View Single Post
Old 02-15-2016, 09:37 AM   #25
Enforcer
Minors (Double A)

Qrashman,

Yes I played NFL Challenge we used to just call it XOR football lol (that was the creators I believe.

I do believe FPS and XOR were great games.

I find it absurd that no one can make a better game LOL.
I mean it has only been over 17 years ago HAHA!

Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qrashman View Post
Does anyone still make roster files each year for FPS? I remember playing the hell out of that back in the day. 6 hours a day for years hahaha.

There was also a game a couple years before FPS that was just called "NFL" or something. If I remember correctly it was just a black box with NFL on it. I remember you had to answer questions every time you turned the game on to verify it wasn't a copy of the game. "Whats the 4th word on page 26", etc. It was just Xs and Os on a screen but man was it good.

Edit: Wow here it is. NFL Challenge. 1985 hahaha i guess it was more than a "couple years". NFL Challenge was how I got into roto/fantasy sports, except back then I didn't know fantasy sports even existed. 3 of my friends and I picked teams consisting of all players in the NFL and I would just simulate the games in NFL Challenge. Whichever person's "team" got the most rushing yards got four points, 2nd most three points, etc. I kept all the stats in a notebook manually. We did this for a bunch of categories and played a lot of seasons. Little did we know it would become a huge thing many years later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GF_YEq5nkio

Watching this video I can smell the fan of my 1984 Tandy computer like it's in front of me.