View Single Post
Old 10-11-2015, 08:40 PM   #75
Ruthian23
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradC View Post

Anyway, RE BTS Football: I don't really understand why people think the game is "a pipe dream" that will "float away." When all of us were in Hamburg in June 2014, Francis was with us, and we saw a rudimentary version of the game running. It wasn't something we could show to the public, but it was in the early stages and it was beginning to take shape.
Brad,

Regarding this point, I'm not saying any of those things, but I think many of us, especially in the sim community but also elsewhere, have seen situations in the past where a game looked extremely promising and then the main developer more or less stopped for whatever reason (obviously in this case that reason was totally unavoidable) but still insists the game is in the works until years past and they become vaporware and kind of "float away," as people are saying.

Since it's something we've seen many times in the past with one man development teams and smaller development companies, I think people are just a bit skeptical at this point with the time that has passed without someone being found to work on it, and to some extent are probably thinking those things to moderate their own potential disappointment. For some, they feel like it's almost a Charlie Brown kicking the football kind of thing, where they're basically saying "nope, not going to get fooled by this story again."

I have full confidence that OOTP is 100% behind the game and plans to develop it, and I have more confidence that that will actually happen than I normally would given the company's history and the fact that Markus certainly isn't losing interest, but I'd be lying if I said I don't have a bit of skepticism myself about the project at this point. Like I said, I've seen people and companies say they're still planning to develop projects in the past, and I assume at that time they're not lying or anything, but stuff happens and it just can't get off the ground or past a certain point. I'm still very hopeful that won't be the case here, but that might help you understand where some people are coming from.

Last edited by Ruthian23; 10-11-2015 at 08:41 PM.