View Single Post
Old 10-10-2015, 01:00 AM   #68
Peedo
Minors (Single A)

Thumbs down A Parting Shot???

It's regrettable to hear about what's happened to Francis. I hope he's able to fully recover, not for the salvation of the game he was working on, but for his own sake as a human being. God Speed.

Whoever said Arlie's product at Greydog was too full of bugs wasn't lying. I finally had to quit the game because their so-called support section couldn't fix the bugs I kept encountering in their college basketball game. What a waste of money that turned out to be. Kinda similar to the experience I've been having with OOTPv14, whereby I've been unable to effectively play the game for the past 12 (that's TWELVE) months due to a bug that was in the game when I purchased it. Ya, I suppose I could just purchase v16, which supposedly eliminated that bug, but what about the money I wasted to purchase the defective v14? And, maybe I will end up purchasing v16, but I can't imagine receiving any support help, in the event I need it, after telling it like it is in this post.

This football game idea is turning out to be a pipe dream that doesn't sound as if it'll get off the ground. Here's an idea: why doesn't Markus and Andreas focus their resources on producing bug free products they won't be afraid to stand behind?

Now, if it sounds as if I'm a little aggravated, wouldn't you be after waiting with your little support ticket for the past year?

I wouldn't be surprised if this site censored me following this post, but there is nothing in this post that isn't true. If you never hear from me again, you'll know what happened, and you'll know who these people really are. If they don't enjoy being slammed, they need to step up to the plate and do what's right, not just for me, but for the others who have been short-changed.

I can also say my grand son and I thoroughly enjoyed this game while it worked. Not a lot of eleven year-olds have the understanding of baseball strategy as he does now. I initially began with v11, but customer longevity doesn't seem to mean much with OOTP.

If we don't try v16, we may turn our attention to FOF year 'round. My grand son is a bigger football fan than a baseball fan anyway. We just didn't have the time for both computer football and baseball simultaneously.

Good luck to all with this outfit. Just keep smiling and being sweet to 'em.