View Single Post
Old 09-13-2009, 10:36 AM   #38
Goody
Hall Of Famer

Alright, I have an update.

I've been slowly ramping up toward seriously getting involved with starting Laseron again.

1. I can't find my old map files. I am going to use software to enhance the maps and make them much more complete. This will need to be one of the first steps so that I can put Laseron into the game in place of the default countries. I had already started this back in the day but I think those files might be lost forever. So that brings the question...start a new world from scratch, or try to recreate Laseron as closely as possible?

I'm not sure if I want to do a continuation (though the "after the war" idea is very good). We've lost the website that held all the information from the first Laseron...but there's a lot of info out there here and there on people's computers. But do I really want to contend with that or just wipe the slate clean and start fresh? I'm pretty sure we lost all the old stories on the message board.

If we did start fresh, would we want to start Laseron over new (forget whatever happened before) or just start new with new city names etc and an entirely new history? We would lose the name recognition...unless we just kept the name "Laseron" and changed everything else.

2. If anyone wants to help (J?) what can be done now is collecting Laserian names from the past files and whatever else we can find. Just put them in a big list capitalized and I'll add them to my file here. I don't want to just use the old files because they were a bit messy. But it would make it easier if I could just cut and paste the ones I want to transfer over. Anyone who was into the league knows what the "Laserian" style names were.

I will work on the name files at the same time as I'm getting the world in order. I plan to have at least 2 new countries that have their own language style so the players will have their own unique "foreign" sounding names if they are from out of country. I have already started on these. But I'll need help with the main Laserian name list.

3. Uh...let me post this so far...