View Single Post
Old 04-20-2009, 07:48 PM   #7
rasnell
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comedian2004 View Post
Well, I am in about my 7th season with my only online league and, well, I can't actually answer that question because I have not won yet!! I did make the World Series once, but lost out to the Cubs owned by the Commish (hmmmmmm).

But next year, it is mine! I signed Lefty Grove!

I do think it does help to have a losing season so you can get that #1 draft. I so far have gotten Hal Trosky, Lefty Grove and Mel Ott that way.

Also, DON'T let the computer make your picks for you in the draft or you get a guy that played only 2 seasons sometimes!

Another theory I am working on now is to help the commish promote a new book he wrote, I will let you know how that turns out. Not the book, but my season.
I was the beloved Commissioner for the six seasons that I won nothing. Now, after consecutive World Series titles, the clawless Tigers hate my guts and think I'm cheating.

As my book PR guy, I might just have to run extra sims to get the Tigers to the top -- maybe turn the electric off a couple of times and start again. I'm still not sure that will help the Tigers.
Charlie Root won more games for the Cubs than any pitcher (201), yet was remembered for one pitch to Babe Ruth. Find out more about the 1929 World Series in my book, "Root for the Cubs: Charlie Root and the 1929 Chicago Cubs." See the web site at www.rootforthecubs.com. The book is at http://www.amazon.com/Root-Cubs-Char...t+for+the+cubs.

Beta tester, OOTP 2007-2023 and iOOTP 2011-2014.

Last edited by rasnell; 04-20-2009 at 07:50 PM.
rasnell is offline   Reply With Quote