View Single Post
Old 04-11-2009, 05:36 PM   #8
kq76
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afino View Post
Yeah, I don't mind the occasional unsolicited PM - only if they make it seem like they're actually interested in ME.

I got one the other day (name and league withheld to protect the guilty) that had at least a dozen names in the To field. THAT bothers me.
That's a good point. I actually like getting them from people I'm chummy with. I'm still unlikely to be interested in joining, but I at least like checking out friends are cooking up. And even if someone isn't interested in joining they still might think to later point out your league to someone who is interested in something like it.

I think we can say this poll is mainly for those PMs coming from people whom are mostly complete strangers to you.

I kind of see your point about the mass emails, but I don't really subscribe to it because I know I sometimes separate emails to look like they're only going to that person when they're really not so others probably do the same too. Then there's those mass emails where they really are more personal, but you're just making it easier to send.
kq76 is offline   Reply With Quote