View Single Post
Old 05-13-2019, 12:31 AM   #1
bluesguy
Minors (Single A)

Wishing for Perfect Team Historical Exhibitions

Having started PT1.0 from the beta, I never had a chance to play much in the lower tiers. There was no Iron then.
I played 1 season in bronze, 1 silver, 3 gold, 11 diamond, and just finished my 7th perfect.
I wish I could start a new team in Iron but the game won't let me add another email address for 2 more teams. It gives an error message and says I already have the maximum amount of accounts. I only have 1.
I have full rosters of iron, bronze and silver and gold players sitting idle in reserve.

But they probably don't let you use cards that belong to original account in your new email accounts.
I built all these teams in my inactive roster on the belief that we would be able to import the PT teams into their respective games.
TP 1.0 was promised to be able to import your PT into the regular game, available for your private use in Historical Seasons and exhibitions and private online league play.

It was a no brainer to invest real money in players that I could continue to use offline or in private online leauges.

So you go ahead and spend hundreds on PP and build a team to compete in each level.

What happens to my team when PT 1.0 servers cease to exhibit.
I always trusted Marcus and his development team to follow through with their promises, and have enjoyed OOTP since the '08 version.

I haven't purchased OOTPXX and don't plan to.
It's crazy to spend a massive amount of cash on a game that changes every year.

I know that some people play a free version of the game and never invest any more real money in the game.

But as someone who has been supporting the game for years and always trusted the dev team, I can't understand how original claims made about what to expect from the game soon could just be dumped with a small note that it turned out to be more difficult than originally the devs thought it would be.

When did that ever stop you guys in the past.
Now you have a massive infusion of cash coming in every day from pack sales and AH sales commisions.
10% on cards that are selling for 199,000, 299,00 just drives the selling prices even higher. Perhaps a sliding commision charge should be implemented.

Come on Marcus, I hope someone alerts you to this reply, Give us what you promised.

By the way, I have collected Baseball cards my whole life, and the fact that you can actually own what you purchase is the main reason why.

To have some kind of online "collection" that you really can't use is a real head scratcher. What do I do with it??????

So long time users of the game are being ignored and pushed aside to cater to an ap style game player, many of whom just play the free version.

I still post in the OOTP19 PT forums, but there ain't many people there anymore.

The problem still exists in OOTPXX, so this posting is relevant here.

thanks,
bluesguy

Last edited by bluesguy; 05-14-2019 at 03:37 AM.
bluesguy is offline   Reply With Quote