Thread: United Kingdom
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2013, 05:07 PM   #109
archibalduk
All Star Starter

As with last week, this week's data update for the UK is a fairly large one (in part because I did some of the research during my house move):

* All transactions implemented (except a couple which need to be implemented by my fellow researchers) - the latest transactions implemented today are Jan Safar to Edinburgh and Craig Mitchell to Solway
* Added Checking ratings for all players in the EIHL, EPL and NIHL-1.
* Added Passing ratings for all players in the EIHL and EPL.
* Added Blocker, Glove and Low Shots for all goalies in the EIHL and EPL.
* Added TAs to a small number of British-based players/free agents missing them (as per my post a week ago).
* Removed any players from EIHL rosters who are yet to sign a deal for 2013/14.
* Renamed 2 NIHL teams: Trafford -> Manchester Minotaurs & Hull -> Hull Jets.
* Set team colours for all teams in the EIHL, EPL, NIHL-1, NIHL-2 and SNL (these will probably need some tweaking).

Jeff and the devs are also making some changes to the leagues which should *hopefully* see an end to the EIHL teams signing unrealistically large numbers of imports. Also, the TA ranges for NIHL and SNL players are being adjusted (I don't know if this will be applied to this week's update or next week's update). This latter change is why I haven't set goalie attributes for the NIHL-1 yet (I've drafted them in Excel, but the goalie TAs are being raised by 25 so there will need to be some very minor adjustments). This change should also hopefully result in a better range of salaries in the NIHL-1 (currently all players have almost identical salaries at roughly $23k).

As per my list from last week, my plan for the final week of research before the game's release is (time permitting, as always):

* Add missing PAs for newly created players [All EIHL/EPL/NIHL-1&2/SNL contracted players done 28/08/13]
* Set goalie attributes for NIHL-1 players [DONE 27/08/13]
* Release any players in the EPL and NIHL-1 who are yet to sign deals for 2013/14. [DONE 30/08/13]
* Review NIHL-1, NIHL-2 and SNL TAs following the batch TA adjustments. [DONE 27/08/13]
* Review NIHL-1 staff (and, time permitting, NIHL-2 and SNL).
* Double-check team colour settings. [EIHL - 30/08/13]

Last edited by archibalduk; 08-31-2013 at 03:17 PM.