View Single Post
Old 04-22-2018, 06:26 PM   #11
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by italyprof View Post
ActionJackson, I have a question: how do you use two different databases for the inaugural draft. I know that you can go to the advanced settings to set up a league and pick the database. But you can only pick one at a time. How do you do a single round of Spritze for the Inaugural draft?
When setting up your game, point to the default database and the historical_database.odb file within it. When you're all set up, go to your inaugural draft pool, point to the Spritze database (making sure the folder is in your stats folder or is a separate folder of its own) and the historical_database.odb file within it. I import one player at a time using the master file from the latest Spritze database to figure out the player IDs, a random number generator to find out who the lucky players are, and the import historical player feature in the Actions menu. I find it OK in terms of speed because the maximum number of players that I bring in for any draft is 16 for the inaugural draft in 1901.

Make sure you get the ID number right. It seems like only the ID codes with the first five letters of the last name followed by the first two letters of the first name followed by the two digit numerical codes successfully import. I can't get the other ones to import correctly (unfortunately at present Shohei Ohtani is one of these, so he can't be imported at this time, but you'll be able to in OOTP20 because of his 2018 RL debut). However, there are lots of players in there that fall under that description from ***, KBO, PCL, and Negro Leaguers. I've even imported a dude from Chinese Taipei in there.

Use the "Import Player into Draft Pool" (it's a checkbox on the left side of the window that pops up when you choose import historical player from the Actions menu) feature and they will show up in your inaugural pool. Use that checkbox for amateur drafts as well, otherwise they'll end up as free agents. Thus, they all mingle together in the inaugural draft pool and the draft goes from 44 players * number of teams to 45 players * number of teams. I stumbled across this by farting around trying to figure out how to get some Spritze players into my game without making the draft pool entirely Spritze players, so I can confirm that it works. It just takes a little manoeuvering. Don't forget to reset the folder that you point to to the default database if at any time you need to, and then you can switch back to Spritze again. Kinda cool in a nerdy way huh?

EDIT: When you first go to import historical player, the window will show up inside the default database. Simply hit the "Up" button until you reach the level where you have the Spritze DB, and then go into the Spritze DB and select historical_database.odb.

Last edited by actionjackson; 04-22-2018 at 08:08 PM.
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote