View Single Post
Old 04-01-2014, 06:59 PM   #38
Gator
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
With your avg at $27.46, and you charging $10 higher, you're probably going to do a lot better. I find the AI generally stays within $2 - $3 of the avg. That would give you a pretty big advantage.

I do my changes during the pre-season, and then check once the season begins. The AI usually adjusts theirs when the season begins.

Irl I know ticket prices can vary a lot, especially depending on the market. But if your league is set to have different market sizes, then having all the teams within $2 - $3 is ok, because bigger markets with good fan interest draws bigger crowds. This imo is what offsets that disparity that we see irl. So even if say The Yankees and Rays both charged around $27.46 in OOTP, the Yankees would still generate far more revenue in ticket sales because of market size.

Another thing I've done to help make a difference is edit a teams merchandise revenue. If you have a Yankee type team, give them a much larger revenue from merchandise than a Tampa type team. Again, this is realistic, which would be vastly different for the Yanks and Rays, but not so mush so as one might think.

My understanding is that licensed merchandise revenue in baseball is actually shared equally by all teams, with the exception of merchandise sold at the stadium.
Baseball will take our people out-of-doors, fill them with oxygen, give them a larger physical stoicism. Tend to relieve us from being a nervous, dyspeptic set, Repair these losses, and be a blessing to us.
Walt Whitman

Last edited by Gator; 04-01-2014 at 07:01 PM.
Gator is offline   Reply With Quote