View Single Post
Old 11-08-2013, 12:16 PM   #20050
okcochise
All Star Reserve

Although generally a place for baseball photos, here are a few baseball park photos I just found

The RFK photo looks to be unique in that it appears to be from Senators and not Nationals. The Anaheim photo may be the best one available for that stadium given the capture from behind home. I am providing the originals and enlarged/enhanced images that keonleafs did for me. I have contacted someone from this forum who dabbles in colorizing stadiums in hopes that he may do these as well. I also included an extra one of Anaheim that I cropped to make it easier to use. I have done the same with RFK but since I can only upload 5, here they are.

Incidentally, if you would like to see how the Anaheim photo looks from within a game, I have uploaded what I call Baseball Ballpark Cards over at John's great Baseball Birthdays site. I have starting 9s for all teams from 1956-1972. If you didn't already know, I prefer player photos to be posed, from below the waist up so if you notice a card image that you have a better offering, I would certainly appreciate hearing from you. Regarding my card images, I have another 900+ update about to be uploaded. I will probably do so Sunday evening; hoping to get a few more colorization photos done before then. Please note, if you didnt already read one of my previous posts about my cards, I used Topps templates (created by Frostymalt) for 1961-1968. These were going to be the only seasons I intended on doing; later, I added 1957-1960 where we used a hybrid 1963 template with logos and 1969-1972 where we used a color coded 1961 style template. By using the same template for these two season runs, it meant I could create the seasons quicker with less cards to make. I do regret that now. Although I would never have wanted to use templates for 1956, 1958, 1959, 1960, 1969, 1971, 1972, I probably would have used 1957 and 1970 and then used different hybrid templates for the others. Anyway, with this week off, I very nearly began work on 1973. I have not settled on whether I will really do it or not but it might be a possibility. Thanks again to all the guys here who have helped with this project. http://www.baseball-birthdays.net/viewforum.php?f=27
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image Image 

Last edited by okcochise; 11-08-2013 at 12:28 PM.
okcochise is offline   Reply With Quote