View Single Post
Old 03-01-2012, 12:54 PM   #16
Nunyer
All Star Reserve

GM Journal - April 3rd, 2052

Our second game didn't go so well, we were shutout on four hits by Cincy, 6-0... and next up are the League Champion Philly Felons... might be an ugly week.

On the plus side, my waiver claim for a new catcher went through! We have acquired 28 year old Eric Stevens from Baltimore. He's not going to win any batting titles, but he is a huge upgrade defensively. I'm pretty sure Summers is going to give him the platoon job against lefties at the least... if he pans out he'll probably replace Bell outright. As expected, nobody is returning my calls in regards to our former backup catcher, Jose Garcia. I was wishfully thinking we could roll him over for a weak prospect, just to clear his $180k off the books... but no takers... Sure he'll clear waivers and end up playing out the string as a warm body in AAA.

April 8th

Mercy! There is a reason the Felons were the league champions. We just got embarrassed at home in a three game sweep. Were shutout twice, scored a grand total of two runs in three games... 1-4 out of the gate... and now we go on the road. 18th in the league in pretty much every batting category... The starters have been awful... Time to start looking at some of my players again... something is going to give here soon.
Nunyer is offline   Reply With Quote