View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 02:17 PM   #4
Nunyer
All Star Reserve

Columbus Hot Dogs name new GM
In aftermath of embarrassing Spring Training brawl, GM Foster is fired
by Wayne Krenchicki IV, YTGTESPN Staff Reporter
March 26th, 2052

COLUMBUS, OH - In one of the most bizarre events seen in the ten year history of the league, long time Columbus General Manager Freddie Foster has been fired after getting into an on-field brawl with manager Cody Summers. He has been replaced by JJ Nunyer, a relative unknown who was apparently a college roommate with Hot Dogs owner Curt Lerma.

After the Hot Dogs dropped their final spring training matchup to the Cincy Cockroaches, Foster and Summers appeared to have words outside the dugout. Soon the two were throwing punches and only the quick reaction of Benny Byproduct, the Hot Dogs mascot, managed to break up the fight before anybody was hurt.

"I think we need a new direction," stated owner Lerma, "it's too damn expensive to fire the coaching staff... so Freddie had to go."

When asked for information about new GM Nunyer, Lerma was less than forthcoming. "Let's just say we made a bet when I bought the team. JJ wagered that if we didn't make the playoffs for 10 straight seasons, he'd get to run the show. Well, I suppose you can guess how many times we've made the playoffs..."

Nunyer has not made any public comments yet, but with less than a week before Opening Day, a team spokesperson said the new GM is already very immersed in his new job.
Nunyer is offline   Reply With Quote