Thread: Coaches
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2019, 12:50 PM   #12
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

i think reptutation goes up faster if they are well-rated? and drops more slowly, but could be wrong. it still is not something to trust in any way. it's less correlated than a 16y.o. IAFA accuracy, i'd bet.

when you make a coach that's well-rated, they never start with agood rep. they start like everyone else. i could be wrong about the rate of change effect... never tried to test it. if a poorly rated coach is legendary after 2-3 ws, then it's the same.

age may even be a factor, unless it merely changed over the years. i havefound a young 30s coach took longer in the past than the older coaches i made a few releases later. (tried to maximize career length at some point early on, and the rep was slow AF @ ~30)

heck, they may start asking for money sooner, if actually rated well? only a few things to test to figure out what is most correlated.

are they more important in mil or ml? no idea... since we can't see anything, it's a total stab in the dark. i think the focus is something to pay attention to in MiL. e.g. don't waste a "power" guy with rookie level, since they rarely develop power then.

even the "works well with ...." doesn't tell you anything much. it could be 10/200 vs 20/200, which are both horrible regardless of the coach being better with one of the two.

** run a season or two and see if that has any noticeable difference from the sim module. a simmed season definitely does everything the same for human or ai(processes apply that is)... so, i'd assume the sim module would too, but maybe not.

Last edited by NoOne; 10-26-2019 at 12:53 PM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote