View Single Post
Old 04-04-2018, 08:38 PM   #16
daves
Hall Of Famer

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB42 View Post
I'm fairly new to OOTP and the mobile version...purchased '17 last summer and was pleasantly surprised by how "playable" this game has been. I've killed a lot of hours of downtime which is amazing given the $5 list price.

I understand the thoughts shared by wodi on the angst of basically getting a roster update every year and some minor bells and whistles. I'm sure there are severe limitations to what they can do yet on mobile devices and if the company isn't really investing a lot of time and money into it, I guess that's understandable. I would encourage the OOTP folks to take another look at the mobile platform as it's growth is a sure thing. Hell, my wife and I don't even own a laptop or desktop anymore for me to consider buying the full OOTP '19.

Will I buy this year's version? Damn right, as soon as I get home from work today. I just hope to be pleasantly surprised in 2019. Maybe by then I'll be taking more of a "wodi" stance. Haha.

Thanks for all you do, Markus and Co. Now who's a guy have to bribe to get those Redlegs players potential rankings higher?

AB
I actually bought for the PC, IPhone and android versions. Depending on what I have time for? I spend more time with the app since it is very easy to use on a phone or tablet.

It's a worthwhile game that can use just a few little tweeks and fixable glitches that I listed on a different post shown below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves View Post
I like just 3 simple updates:

1. Set injury frequency for league. Right now it's injuries or no injuries.
2. Commish mode. Love to be able to do more with a league with the little free time I have.
3. Change WS home field options. Past two versions, after the current season (ie version 2017, after 2017 season) home field only went to the NL teams regardless of record or even all star game. I like the best record overall to have home field in the World Series.
Oh and that unreadable All Star team message worked for 2016 but not 2017 and 2018 versions needs to be fixed.

Last edited by daves; 04-04-2018 at 08:40 PM.
daves is offline   Reply With Quote