View Single Post
Old 03-29-2018, 08:34 AM   #1
wodi
All Star Reserve

Response to Markus

Markus,

Let me first start off by saying that we all at one time or another truly loved this game. There has been a downtick in the number of people posting here over the years, but all of us that are still here are posting because we love this game and have purchased it every year.

The frustration we are all having is two fold, 1. Two years ago it was promised that major improvements were coming for 2016, that never panned out then and still hasnt today, and 2. 800 fictions logos and roster update do not qualify as updates and changes, I’m sorry but they just do not.

We’re not irrational, we understand this game is not top priority and coding issues may be difficult, not having major changes I think we can all understand; though you did get all of our hopes up by promising them.

The main issue, like I’ve said is we’ve had a roster update now for 3 years... period. Additionally the marketing and overall chatter about the game dwindles more and more each year. Personally, to me that just means the company is done with this game, I am surprised each year when it comes out.

The game is not “garbage” it is a fantastic game that I wish more people knew about. The thing that is garbage is that we’ve been playing the same for years now. Because the game is the same at its core, someone could start a fictional league in iootp15 and say “look new rosters”!” Each year we pay $5.00 to play the same thing.

I cant speak for anyone else, but the money doesnt matter to me, I’m happy to give money to the company in hopes this game will become what we all hope it can be. I’ve said I’d even donate.

Perhaps our complaining has not been “constructive” in the normal sense, but take it as constructive that this game needs some attention, again, not a one year overhaul, but just some actual noticeable attention each year.

The KBO helps out in the Korean market, and I hope thats a good thing for the company, but its really just an expansion of a roster update that the common user wont ever use.

If mobile cant support a full minor league system, fine, how about taking the green arrow system we have and just expanding it to 3 levels, blue arrow move to AA, yellow to AAA, green to MLB?

How about adding a long relief option to the bullpen, or a way to designate your 7th inning guy and 8th inning guy?

How about adding more relievers to the amateur draft, or making the amateur draft mostly domestic players, while just adding some of the international players to the free agent pool at the end of the year (while making some older)?

The draft and player progression (the lifeblood of a sim sports game) has been the same flawed system for years. You have to have a top pick to really get star players, the highest top 100 prospects are ALWAYS top 5 picks. It was fine early on, but Its just been the same every single year now.

How about the ability to edit team budgets and owner names?

We’d love a massive upgrade more towards ootp, and maybe one day we’ll get that, but how about SOME improvements along the way? Thats what is “garbage” thats all we’re asking for. I dont think thats unreasonable.

I hope this community can continue to have an open forum and constructive conversations with you to improve the game, thats all we want.

Thanks

Last edited by wodi; 03-29-2018 at 08:40 AM.
wodi is offline   Reply With Quote