View Single Post
Old 12-08-2019, 09:30 AM   #225
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniCubs View Post
We all miss Francis, even us lurkers, but there's some serious revisionist history there. There was a year of BTS as the Michael Winter project with continuous vague promises that the development was ongoing before the plug got pulled.
Right, yes, I didn't go back to read that specific thread to determine what the time line was.

Even still, the Michael Winter era is still not at all tied to Jim Gindin/FOF. As I recall, Winter was also attempting to start something completely from scratch, which is a pretty enormous undertaking (I recall him even like asking people for suggestions on books to read on football/coaching strategy, etc)... So it was probably a bit of wishful thinking by the company that anything would have surfaced at any time within a few years at least of that starting.

At any rate... my point still remains. Yes, the long-term "OOTPD football game project" has been a long time coming, but the current Jim Gindin/FOF era I think needs to be viewed on its own merits/on its own timeline, since that's an established developer bringing an existing game to a new platform, as opposed to someone starting something from scratch. That being said, based on the silence in here I'm not surprised people aren't overly optimistic, either way.