View Single Post
Old 03-19-2018, 06:18 PM   #68
hjrrockies
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron's Aron View Post
I'm not really requesting their ratings be changed, I'm just nitpicking because everything else about the game is so good. The ratings of all the players as whole is really good too and I appreciate all the time that goes into doing them. The Top 100 Prospects list in game is really good, comparing really well with lists such as Baseball America, etc.

High upside but risky players in general must be hard to get right in the game because you don't want to make the ratings too good so that most don't all pan out and there's a wave of great players (when most would bust in real life), but you also want to represent the talent and what could be there.

Hunter Greene just comes to mind first because I'm a Reds fan. He could be one of the best pitchers in baseball, which I feel like is much more than 65. I understand that most outlets have him around there though (or lower, but with acknowledgement he could be higher). It's more likely he averages out around 60-65 though and doesn't reach peak potential, so it makes sense. But if you were going on pure upside, Hunter Greene would be much higher than around #30 on most prospect lists? It's a tough thing to do in the game I feel and it certainly applies to many more players other than him.
I highly recommend you increase Talent Change Randomness. That basically means prospects become even more boom-or-bust (which I think is realistic). That way Greene will indeed have a higher chance of becoming a genuine ace (although a higher bust chance as well).
hjrrockies is offline   Reply With Quote