Thread: double steal
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2017, 05:10 PM   #4
eldur00
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus33 View Post
I have a fast team, and while this is rare, when it shows up I will try it. I would say its about 50% effective. It does not work everytime. I steal bases all the time and still it works out to be league average. I had one guy lead the league by 1 base. I have heard people say they get thrown out everytime and some say they never get thrown out. I can assure you the factors in this game are perfect.
Are you sure ?

I have never been thrown out on a double steal ever either since OOTP 11 and I've played out well over 1000 games over that span. I have never seen it not work as long as the guy on second has good speed. Not once.

It's actually one of the reasons why I moved from managing my games to setting everything to AI except for substitutions. It was too easy to exploit.

The number of steals would still be fairly realistic overall for the entirety of the season because a double steal is fairly situational. You need a guy with good speed on second with a guy on first as well. It's not a situation that happens every single game.
eldur00 is offline   Reply With Quote