View Single Post
Old 04-12-2017, 10:59 PM   #52
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

May 9th, 1985

We are home with the Cubs in town. Mike Krukow and Bob Owchinko have had similar results so far.

Mikey got through the top of the first without giving up a run. I led off the bottom half and I hit what looked to be a single to left but Mel Hall made a great sliding catch to rob me.

In the 3rd I started a Priske - Oberkfell - Deer double play to nail Gary Jones and Ryne Sandberg to end the inning. In the bottom half I came up with two out and Terry Harper on 2nd. Owchinko struck me out.

I started out the 4th by grabbing a pop fly off the bat of Leon Durham. The Cubs drew first blood the frame with an RBI single by Dave Valle, scoring Hall. 1-0 Cubs.

I got the 3rd out in the 5th, handling a Sandberg grounder with no trouble.
In the bottom of the 5th I came up with one out and Harper, Oberkfell, and Krukow filling the bags. I grounded out but Harper came home. I tied the game! Chris Brown walked and then Chili Davis hit a bases-clearing double! 4-1 Giants!

In the 7th Krukow gave way to Mark Davis (and a double switch pulled Bob Brenly for John Rabb). Rabb immediately threw out Dave Martinez trying to steal to end the inning!

I came up with two out and nobody on, now facing Rich Bordi. He struck me out too.

In the 8th Jeff Leonard knocked in Chili to put us up 5-1.

Scott Garrelts came in to pitch the 9th. The Cubs went in order and we had won the game!

Nice homecoming!

We are only a game behind the Padres, but there is a lot of baseball still to play!

Brian Harper cleared waivers and is off to Phoenix.

Terry Mulholland is up for us tomorrow with Darryl Banks going for the Cubbies.

````````````````````````````````````````

Last edited by rpriske; 04-12-2017 at 11:04 PM.
rpriske is offline   Reply With Quote